Mini Washing Machine and Dryer by KUPPET
Read description & purchase on Amazon: KUPPET Mini Washing Machine
THIS THING. I wish I’d found this mini washing machine and dryer sooner! For years I’ve struggled to drag my laundry out to a laundromat, or to lug it out to my building’s shared laundry room. Sometimes I wouldn’t be able to do a wash when I wanted to because another tenant claimed the one washer and dryer. If I went to a laundromat I wouldn’t leave my stuff unattended, so I’d have to wait there, bored, for two hours while my clothes washed and dried. Since doing laundry was so time-consuming and cumbersome, I’d wait a couple weeks until I had a really big load or two to wash. During that time, I wouldn’t be able to wear favorite clothing items while waiting for “wash day” and sometimes I’d even buy new clothes to avoid doing a wash!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, meaning if you click through one of my links and make a purchase, I may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Regardless, my opinions are honest, and I only recommend products that I truly enjoy.
I can’t believe I didn’t even know mini washing machines were a thing.
This mini washing machine and dryer really eliminates my problem. It costs $81.99 with free shipping on Amazon, which is a great price for an investment piece that saves time and effort and is beneficial to one’s quality of life. It is so convenient for a busy working lady like me on a budget! I can do laundry at home in my small space while I do other things around the house. Even if you have a tiny home or dorm you can make it fit. And the appliance is actually so adorable, darling really, that you don’t even have to hide it in a closet. I got the purple one as pictured, but it’s also available in blue.
It’s perfect for small items that are frequently worn, such as socks, undies, bras, pillowcases, beanies, t-shirts, camis, and leggings. I am excited to use it for clothing pieces I like to wear repeatedly, more often than others. I can wear my favorite items and my best work blouses more often now! It feels so good to be able to quickly throw something in the wash as needed. I no longer have to worry about whether the laundry room is available, or whether I’ll have time to stop everything and go to the laundromat.
Packaging and product description
The box arrived in a plain brown box marked Fragile. Inside, the washer is supported by styrofoam pieces. Plastic wrap covers the top of the machine, over the wash and spin tub covers. Inside the wash tub was a “water inlet hose” for sink hook-up and in the spin tub was the “Twin Tub Washing Machine Instruction Manual” and the spin cap.
Tubs: The machine has two covered tubs that open from the top, with the left tub being the wash tub and the right tub being the spin tub.
Dials: There are three dials above the tub covers, each of which must be turned clockwise. Wash Timer, starts the washer with running times of either 3, 6, 9, or 15 minutes. Select Switch, changes the mode of the washing machine with three settings: Standard mode to wash a regular wash, Drain mode to allow dirty water to flow out of the drain hose, or Soft mode to wash delicate items. Spin Timer, starts the spin dryer with running times of either 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 minutes.
Hoses and cords: The drain hose is connected to the machine at the back right bottom corner, and there is a hook to hang it up to the top of the machine. Optionally, there’s a water inlet hose that can connect to the water inlet port on the top left corner of the machine. This is for filling the wash tub with water from a faucet hookup. The power cord is located at the back of the machine, and there are hooks to wrap the cord around when not in use.
Lint catcher and spin cap: A reusable lint catcher slides into a slot inside the wash tub. A spin cap sits inside the spin tub.
How to use
Admittedly it took a little trial and error to get the hang of operating this mini washing machine, but once I got it all figured out, it was totally worth it. I’m going to share some steps and tips with you to help you on your journey to convenient at-home laundry.
What you will need
- Hangers and a place to hang clothes
- Wall power outlet near to the ground and close to a stall shower OR any wall power outlet and a medium sized bucket for dirty water
- Optional: Another pot or bucket for clean water, and a STURDY surface to elevate the machine about a foot off the floor
I don’t have a power outlet close enough to drain the mini washing machine in the shower, so I opted to use the bucket method of draining the dirty water. I also decided to use a pot to fill the wash tub with clean water.
Wash laundry in the KUPPET mini washing machine and dryer
- Plug the power cord into a wall outlet.
- Place clothes into the wash tub. The tub fits more than I had thought it would. In a full load, I fit seven tops, one pair of pants, six pairs of undies and six pairs of socks. Just leave a little room at the top.
- TIP! Make absolutely sure that the Select Switch notch is on Standard or Soft, NOT Drain. Then, fill the wash tub with warm or cool (not hot) water about as high as the pile of clothes. I used a pot and it took about 7-8 potfuls for a full load.
- Add detergent. TIP! Use only a teeny tiny amount. I didn’t even go halfway to the “1” line on the detergent cap.
- And it’s time to start your wash! Turn the Wash Timer dial clockwise to the desired number of minutes. For a full load, I’d choose the max 15 minutes.
Drain dirty water out of the mini portable washing machine and dryer
- When the wash is finished, time to drain the dirty water out. Unhook the drain hose from the right side of the machine and hold the opening over a bucket.
- Turn the Select Switch to Drain. Tilt the bucket slightly so the hose isn’t kinked. You might need to elevate the machine on a sturdy surface above the bucket so with gravity all the water will come out. When done, turn the Select Switch back to Standard or Soft. TIP! There may still be water in the hose after turning the Drain switch off, so keep the hose over the bucket until you hang the hose back up.
Rinse laundry in the KUPPET mini washing machine and dryer
- Fill the wash tub with water again, this time without detergent. I used about half as much water this time. Set the Wash Timer to the desired number of minutes to rinse. I did 15 minutes.
- Drain the used water again.
Dry laundry in the KUPPET mini washing machine and dryer
- There’s a spin cap inside the spin tub – remove it and set it aside. This cap is going to go on on top of the laundry!
- Transfer clothes to the spin dryer. The wash tub holds more than the spin tub does, so if you had a full load, you’ll probably need to do two separate spin loads. TIP! Place the spin cap on top of your clothes. Turn the Spin Timer to the desired number of minutes – I’d do the max 5 minutes two or three times per load to get as much water out as possible. You might want to spin thicker items like jeans or sweaters separately.
- Some items will stay slightly damp. Hang these, and they’ll be good to go in about an hour!
- Congrats, your wash is finished!!! Slide the lint catcher out of the wash tub, clean and place back inside. Leave both tub covers open to air out. Unplug power cord when not in use.
- Will not rust
- Light & space-saving
- Clothes less twisted
- Better cleaning effect
- Saves time, labor, and water usage
How does this mini washing machine deliver on its claims?
I don’t know if the machine won’t rust yet, but it certainly doesn’t take up a lot of space. I am tiny and not very strong, and I am able to pick it up when it’s empty. My clothes came out a bit less wrinkled than they usually do in a big washer dryer, and they smelled and looked very clean! The machine definitely conserves water compared to a big washer. If you can’t drain into a shower, there is some labor involved in the draining part, but after you’ve done it once or twice it’s easy and quick. I saved a ton of time compared to if I had to go to a laundromat. Nothing beats being able to be at home while doing laundry; I’m able to clean, cook, watch Netflix, or work on my blog while it works!
I love my cute little mini washing machine and I’m sure you will too. It’s so simple and efficient; I wish I’d known about it a long time ago. Purchase one of your own from Amazon!
Now over to you… Have you ever used a mini washing machine before? What was your experience like? Do you know of any other uncanny home appliances like this that are affordable and make life more convenient? Let me know in the comments — I need to find more things like this! Check back for more affordable lifestyle topics and life improving product reviews on blue011008.com in the future!